August 22, 2017 | 0 Comments
On Sunday we looked at Jonah 4. Here are some questions for discussion:
- What are some of the "layers" of Jonah's anger in chapter 4? What is he angry about and what effects does that have?
- What is the difference between Jonah's heart and God's heart in this passage?
- How does the book of Jonah point to Jesus (see Luke 24:44)?
- In all transparency, what are some ways your heart is more like Jonah's heart than God's heart? How does God's heart of compassion for the lost soften and stir your heart?
Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him; I will protect him, because he knows my name. When he calls to me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation. Psalm 91:14-16
- Prayer and worship night will be held at the home of Jeff & Mary Hunt this Thursday, August 24th at 7:30 pm. More info can be found here.
- CM Annual Teacher Equipping will be held this Saturday, August 26th at Metropolitan Coworking (14 W. Downer) in downtown Aurora. The meeting begins at 8:30 am. Check out further details here.
- Fall Kickoff Sunday is this week!! Come early for donuts and coffee and bring friends! Read all about this exciting morning here.
Comments for this post have been disabled.