October 17, 2017 | 0 Comments
A Few Things Coming Up:
- This Sunday (October 22) Kyle Gennicks will be preaching from James 2. We recently welcomed Kyle and Coleen as new members, and introduced Kyle as a church planter in residence. This week we have the privilege of hearing Kyle preach the Word on Sunday!
- This week most of our church's elders will be attending an Acts 29 Midwest Network confernece in Fargo, North Dakota. We hope that this will be refreshing and shaprpening for us, and we also view it as potentially a helpful step forward in the process of building a relationship with Acts 29. Please pray for this time, and we look forward to sharing an update with you soon.
- On Sunday, October 29, we will have baby/child dedications on Sunday morning. If you would like to participate in this special service, please email the church office this week (firstname.lastname@example.org), since we would like to have a gift prepared for you.
- The Wahrmans will be hosting a ‘digital dash’ for all youth (Gr. 6-12) from 4:00 – 7:00 pm on October 28. There will be snacks, pizza, and prizes. Please RSVP to Tammy Wheeler (email@example.com) by October 21 so that teams and drivers can be arranged.
(Shout out to Nat Underhill for the "How Faith Works" artwork.)
On Sunday we looked at James 2:1-13. Here are some questions for discussion:
- When James talks about the sin of "partiality," what does he mean? How does the illustration in verses 2-5 shed light on how partiality works?
- Why is faith in "our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory" incompatible with judging others by appearances?
- In verses 8-13, James talks a lot about sin, judgment, and mercy. How can these verses impact your view of yourself in light of the gospel? How does this impact the issue of partiality?
- How has mercy triumphed over judgment FOR you? How is mercy triumphing over judgment IN you?
Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one. But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when it is fully grown brings forth death. James 1:13-15
Comments for this post have been disabled.