October 25, 2017 | by: 0 Comments|
On Sunday, we looked at James 2:14-26. Here are some questions for discussion:
- How do you embrace the tension of faith and works? How does the Bible embrace it? Are they the same?
- James says “faith” without works is useless, it is not a result of salvation, and it is dead. Does this describe your “faith”? Explain. Is this “faith” true faith? Why or why not?
- The Bible also says faith that works is useful, it is a result of salvation, and it is alive. Does this describe your faith? Explain. Is this faith true faith? Why or why not?
- Read, discuss, and pray over 2 Corinthians 5:7, Ephesians 2:8-10, and Hebrews 11:1, 6. How are you walking by faith as a disciple/spouse/parent/coworker/friend?
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. James 1:16-17
- This Sunday we will enjoy soup together after service. Please bring your crock pot and labeled ladle to the kitchen area before service.
On Friday, November 17th the men of Redeemer will gather at Camp Quarryledge in Oswego for an overnight retreat centered on the cross and the call of Christ. The cost for this event is $59. You can register for the even here.
This Sunday morning we will dedicate 6 children, and pray for their families. Children are a precious gift from God. As a church, we want to surround parents with love and pray for them in their holy calling to raise their children "in the discipline and instruction of the Lord" (Eph 6:4).
Several years ago, we adopted the practice of asking these questions below on child dedication Sundays--to help us feel a sense of our holy responsibility and opportunity before God. We make these commitments for each other's good and to the glory of God:
+ + +
Questions for parents:
- Parents, will you entrust your children to God—to His providential plan and care?
- Will you commit, with the help of your church community, to instruct your children by word and example, in the truth of God’s Word?
- Will you commit to pray for them and teach them to pray?
Response of parents:
- With God’s help, we will.
Questions for church:
- Church, will you commit to walk alongside these parents with the goal that these children may be raised with the truth of God’s Word?
- Will you commit to pray for these parents and encourage them throughout the joys and trials of parenting?
- Will you commit display the gospel for these children and to pray for them -- that they may be drawn to love Jesus and trust in Him?
Response of congregation:
- With joy and thanksgiving, as Christ’s church, with God’s help, we promise to love, encourage, and support you as you follow Christ and train your children in the faith.
Comments for this post have been disabled.