This Sunday, May 15, we will have the joy of dedicating six babies who have been born to Redeemer families in the past several months!
Dedication is an opportunity for parents to publicly entrust their child to the Lord and to make some important commitments before the Lord and their church family. As their brothers and sisters walking alongside them, we will also have the opportunity to make some important commitments to them. As you prepare for Sunday, you can check out the questions for the parents and the congregation below, and begin to pray for these sweet babies and their families.
Questions for Parents:
- Parents, will you entrust your children to God—to His providential plan and care?
- Will you commit, with the help of your church community, to instruct your children by word and example, in the truth of God’s Word?
- Will you commit to pray for them and teach them to pray?
Questions for the Church:
- Church, will you commit to walk alongside these parents with the goal that these children may be raised with the truth of God’s Word?
- Will you commit to pray for these parents and encourage them throughout the joys and trials of parenting?
- Will you commit to display the gospel for these children and to pray for them — that they may be drawn to love and trust in Jesus?