- Intentionally practice social distancing (keep at least 6 feet away from others).
- Dr. Deborah Birx of the White House COVID-19 task force said on Monday, March 16 that social distancing has the biggest impact [to flattening the pandemic curve]. Dr. Birx also said that 14-day quarantine of households where one person is infected with COVID-19 has stopped 100% of transmission outside of the home.
- Postpone nonessential visits to the doctor and defer elective surgery to help free up medical capacity for COVID-19 patients.
Safe Handling of Food
- If you bring home food from a restaurant, remove the food from the “take-out” containers, throw away the containers, and wash your hands before eating.
- Grocery Shopping Hygiene
- Wash hands before going to the store.
- Disinfect grocery carts before and after use.
- Maintain social distancing while inside the store.
- Upon returning home, disinfect the surface of food containers and wash hands.
- Do not visit residents in nursing homes, retirement homes, or long-term care facilities.
- Older adults should avoid contact with children.
- It is recommended that others food shop for the Elderly. Please follow Grocery Shopping Hygiene