Advent has a long history of hosting a fun, gospel-centered, and successful VBS, and this year we are excited to link arms in this effort! We’ll need lots of hands to make this a great week, so mark your calendar, and read on to see how you can get involved.
It is open for preschoolers through rising 6th graders.
Roles that need to be filled:
- 8 adult teachers:
Plan & prepare lessons (using the curriculum provided) and decorate your room. Each teacher will teach either preschool-1st graders OR 2nd-6th graders at the same station each day (Bible, crafts, games, missions, snacks, or music).
- 12 station assistants (teenagers or older)
- 8 adult guides (no prep and lots of relationship building)
- 8 assistant guides (teenagers or older)
- Decorating team (to decorate the non-classroom spaces in the church)
- Opening & closing time help (skits, songs, dancing, etc)
- Sound operation during opening and closing each day
- Video operation during opening and closing each day
- Cookie reception organizer
- Admin help (mailings, publicity, nametags, etc. leading up to and during the week of VBS)
- Snack or snack money donations
All volunteers for the week will need to arrive by 8:30 (8:10 the first morning) and should expect to stay until about 12:30. We strongly encourage volunteers to attend the closing program on Friday night, especially our guides.
Life is full, and though we love the consistency of volunteers who can be there all week, we welcome those of you who can help for only part of the week too. Come join the fun, and be on mission with us!
Sign up below to volunteer, or contact Tori Mull with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org