This summer, we have the opportunity to partner with World Relief for their week-long elementary school summer club. We are so excited for this chance to get to know some of our west Aurora neighbors who have come to this area as refugees, and we hope many Redeemer members will join in the effort. With many different ways to serve, there is something for everyone!
Camp will be held at Advent from July 18-22, and will run from 10:00-2:00 each day. World Relief has made us aware of many opportunities to serve, which are listed below. They would like to have people assigned to these things as soon as possible, so check out the options here and let Jill Poel (email@example.com) know where you’d like to jump in!
- Food or gift card donations for lunches (i.e. Little Casears cheese pizza or Jimmy Johns)
- Fruit donations (clementines, grapes, etc) each day.
- Baked good donations (individually wrapped please)
- Item donations:
- Plastic reusable water bottles
- Colored t-shirts or gift card to Michaels or Hobby Lobby
- Craft supplies (TBD) or gift card to Michaels or Hobby Lobby
- School backpacks (40 needed, 20 for boys and 20 for girls)