We will be gathering on Sunday afternoon for outdoor worship!
- Location: Advent Christian Church in Aurora (905 N Edgelawn Dr. Aurora, IL 60506)
- Time: 4pm (but you are welcome to arrive at 3:30 to see people)
- Worship Guide and Song Lyrics: Click here for the lyrics.
- Kids Sermon Notes: Click here to download and print.
- Seating: If you are able, please bring a lawn chair or blanket for the grass. Some folding chairs will be available from our host church if you are not able to bring your own.
- Shade: There will be a 40 ft. by 100 ft. tent (with open sides) available to provide shade for many people. If you would like to bring a shade umbrella of your own for other portions of the lawn, you are welcome to do so.
- Restrooms: We are able to use the indoor restrooms at Advent. Please use the building’s back entrance along the north parking lot. Our hosts request that we wear facemasks inside the building. We also recommend accompanying children and using the available sanitizing wipes to clean after each use.
- Parking: Parking is reserved with cones in the south lot for those using the SuperSafe Zone and in the east lot for those who have limited mobility or prefer to remain in their car.
- Social Distance Guidelines: For the sake of peace of mind, for the sake of health, and for the sake of serving others, take a look at the social distance guidelines we created for this event.
Super Safe Zone:
- For those with certain health vulnerabilities, or for those seeking to keep more careful social distance, we will offer spaces set up for you, to one side of the outdoor space, with 10 ft or more of distance maintained at all times between household units. We hope that this helps you feel honored and included, even while wisely keeping distance. If you would like to reserve a “Super Safe Zone” seat please register by clicking here by Saturday so we can have a space prepared for you. We want to set up a great space for you, and it will help us to know the number of people and any specific needs. We will reply by Sunday morning with directions for where to park or drop off for the Super Safe Zone, and who your contact will be.
- If you are available to help with the set-up or technology for outdoor services, please contact the church office (firstname.lastname@example.org), because we can use the help!
What about Videos and Sunday Mornings?
- We plan to continue to make a video stream available throughout 2020 for those who are not able to join in person.
- The current approach to make pre-recorded videos available by livestream at 10am on Sunday morning will continue for now.
- At some point, we may transition Sunday videos to being a livestream of the outdoor worship service in the afternoon—stay tuned for more info.