- Every second Sunday of the month until May 13, 2018|8:30am – 9:30am
- Coordinator: Aleece Root
The middle school years, in all of their awkward glory, present some new and wonderful opportunities for intentional discipleship in the life of a teenager. These are often the years when kids begin asking their own questions and coming to their own conclusions about things they've always simply taken for granted. It's a strategic time to provide clear and specific teaching of Biblical truths in an age-appropriate way.
Donuts & Doctrine is designed to give middle schoolers the opportunity to take a deeper look at what the Bible teaches on a variety of foundational topics. Using Wayne Grudem's helpful little book, Christian Beliefs, parents and their middle schoolers gather together from 8:30-9:30am the second Sunday of each month throughout the school year to do just that. And donuts are involved as well.
Here's the schedule for this year:
- September: Intro
- October: Ch. 1 — What is the Bible?
- November: Ch. 2 — What is God Like?
- December: Chs. 3-4 — What is the Trinity? & What is Creation?
- January: none (winter retreat)
- February: Chs. 5-6 — What is Prayer? & What are Angels, Satan, and Demons?
- March: Chs. 7-8 — What is Man? & What is Sin?
- April: Ch. 9 — Who is Christ?
- May: Chs. 10-11 — What is the Atonement? & What is the Resurrection?