This Easter weekend, on Saturday, April 8, we get to join with Advent in hosting their biggest annual outreach event, an “Easter Egg Scramble.”
Don’t let the name confuse you – this has nothing to do with scrambled eggs and everything to do with scrambling around the church property to find Easter eggs. More than 3000 eggs will be hidden around the property, some filled with candy and some with tickets for prizes. Kids will hear a short message and then will be sent out in waves by age so little ones don’t get trampled, and everyone has a chance to gather an armload of eggs. When all the eggs have been found (and kindly shared), kids will go home with lots of candy and redeemed prizes.
This event will be publicized in the nearby neighborhoods and elementary schools, so it’s a win-win– your kids will have a great time, and you will get to meet some of our new neighbors!
Sounds like fun, right? To make this great morning happen, we’ll need the help of lots of people. Here are some ways you can be involved:
- Take a bag of eggs home from church on Sunday and fill them with small wrapped candies (Starburst, Tootsie Rolls, etc)
- Donate prizes in the following categories (these can be dropped off at church):
- Sports balls
- Outdoor game sets
- Books, including children’s Bibles
- Craft sets
- Bubbles & bubble sets
- Sidewalk chalk
- Gifts cards for fast food, ice cream, etc (usually $5 to $10)
- Help prepare prize packages the week of April 3
- Help on April 8 in one or more of the following ways:
- Setting up and spreading eggs around the property,
- Helping kids/families as needed throughout the morning
- Manning a prize table
- Cleaning up.
Please reach out to Melody Vent (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions or to sign up to help.
Easter Egg Scramble
Rain or shine
Saturday, April 8