These guidelines are written to help us move forward in regathering with wisdom, safety, and unity as we prepare to gather for outdoor worship at Crossroads Christian Youth Center in Big Rock.
- Physical distance: Please maintain a distance of 6ft or more (estimate 2 arm lengths) between your household and others.
- Distance for singing: When choosing a seat for singing, please select a location distanced by 10ft or more from other household units.
- Hugs and handshakes: We discourage hugs and handshakes at this time. If anyone momentarily skips the distance guidelines we strongly recommend only an elbow bump instead of a handshake or embrace.
- Children: To serve one another, our request is for parents to ensure that younger or more impulsive children remain within arm’s reach of a parent, or on a blanket.
- Teenagers: Please stay in the same area as your family and please honor the distancing recommendations in order to serve others.
- Stay home if you or someone in your household is experiencing COVID symptoms (cough, shortness of breath, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell). This is commonsense courtesy, and a commitment to one another.
Social Distance at Entrance/Exit Points
- One-way entrance to and exit from the worship space is encouraged. Please be especially mindful of others if you need to move against traffic.
Social Distance Within the Worship Space
- One household per picnic table.
- If you have gathered with another household regularly, you can count as one household and share a table with them.
- (Tables will be spaced out in advance, allowing 10ft. distance between them.)
Wood Benches (only 7 available with distancing applied)
- You may sit on any bench that does not have a sign on it.
- We recommend no kids under middle school age on these benches.
Personal Blankets and Chairs
- Please allow 10ft (or more) in all directions when setting up a seating area on the grass.
“Super Safe Zone”
- The south side of the softball fence will be designated as a “Super Safe Zone” for those who (perhaps because of higher risk factors) prefer a more secure seating option.
- An usher will be available to help ensure 10ft or more of separation between household units at all times in this zone.
Social Distance & Safety During the Lord’s Supper
- Bread will be served in individual cups. The bread and juice will be prepared ahead of time by one person who will wear a mask and gloves.
- We will have one line that will move in only one direction. As you enter and exit the line, please take care to maintain 6 feet of distance with those around you.
- You will be given a squirt of hand sanitizer at the front of the line.
- Each person will take a cup with a cracker in it and a cup with juice in it. (Please watch for a label indicating gluten-free crackers.)
- After you have taken your bread and juice, please move to the open area or return to your seat to partake of it.
- Please throw your cups in a trashcan.
- If you are sitting in the Super Safe Zone and want to participate in the Lord’s Supper, please send a family member to pick up the elements for you, or ask the usher in that area to help you.
Face masks may be useful in keeping the wearer from spreading infection unknowingly. (A face mask is used to protect others, not yourself.) Our state guidelines say that when maintaining a distance of 6ft is not possible, the use of face masks is called for, except for those under the age of two or those having trouble breathing.
- Please bring face masks for your household (as appropriate).
- When you’re outdoors and maintaining social distancing, you don’t need to wear a mask.
- In situations such as going inside to use the restroom or passing through a narrow area with others, we encourage the use of a face mask.
There is one single restroom available at Crossroads. For the protection of others, if you need to use it, please
- Wear a mask
- Use the available sanitizing wipes to wipe down surfaces you touch.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before exiting.
Containing the Potential Spread of Disease
We will create an attendance record for Sunday’s event. If you develop COVID-19 symptoms within two weeks of our meeting, please inform our Health and Regathering Team by sending an email to email@example.com. They can help in the process of informing those who may have come in contact with you. As required by law, your privacy would be fully protected.